ToyAward prizes will be awarded for the first time as part of PressPreview on 31st January, with all the finalists on display in a special area at the Nuremberg show.
The finalists have been announced for the six categories in the ToyAward at the Spielwarenmesse, taking place at the Nuremberg Exhibition Centre from 1st to 5th February.
A total of 584 new products were registered for the ToyAward by 338 exhibitors across six categories: Baby & Infant (0-3 years), PreSchool (3-6 years), SchoolKids (6-10 years), Teenager & Adults (10+ years), Startup and Sustainability.
In a digital pre-selection process, an expert jury assessed all submissions and narrowed down the list. The assessment criteria were play enjoyment, potential for success in the shops, originality and comprehensibility of the product concept. The members of the jury also met in advance of the Spielwarenmesse and nominated a total of 17 products for the innovation prize. In addition to the requirements for pre-selection, the further criteria of safety, production and quality were added.
The ToyAward winners will be announced for the first time as part of the PressPreview which takes place on 31st January in the Nuremberg Exhibition Centre, on level 1 of NCC Ost. The awards will be announced from 12pm onwards, with the awards ceremony livestreamed on the business platform Spielwarenmesse Digital and subsequently be available there as video on demand.
The finalists are:
Baby & Infant (0-3 years)
- EverEarth 7 in 1 space activity cube – EverEarth Europe
- Tranquil Whale – Cloud B/Little Big Friends
- Y Glider Luna 5-in-1 V2 – Yvolve Sports
PreSchool (3-6 years)
- bworld Construction Set and Bruder Man TGS Crane Truck – Bruder Spielwaren
- Rescue Penguin – Silverlit Toys Manufactory
- Yummy Bear Scale – Topbright
SchoolKids (6-10 years)
- Gecko Run – Starter Set – Franckh-Kosmos
- History of Life on Earth – Clementoni
- Origami 3D Peacock – Z.P Alexander Piotr Pundzis
Teenager & Adults (10+ years)
- Humbug Original Edition – D&R Denkriesen
- Miika K.I. – Franckh-Kosmos
- Mintid Dog-E – Brandunit/WowWee
- klang² (klang square) – Oberlin und Rennertz
- Paw Patrol AR Tattoos & Stickers – HoloToyz
- Car-Board Racers Dino-Adventure Set – VTech Electronics Europe
- Creative Building Blocks – Bavvic
- Playmobil Wiltopia – Playmobil
The international jury consists of 13 experts from the fields of retail, industry, market research, sustainable plastics, education and toy safety.
Further information on the ToyAward, the jury members and prize winners from previous years is available at www.toyaward.com