Funko outperforms the market across EU5

Published on: 19th October 2023

Bucking a downwards industry trend, Funko is reporting very strong sales of its Pop! and Bitty Pop! ranges, outperforming the total toy market in every EU5 country.


Bitty Pop!, which launched across EMEA this year, has been a huge success for the company – despite its tiny size

Funko says it has continued to show upward growth and mobility across the European market by outpacing the industry, according to the latest YTD August statistics from Circana*.

Across Licensed Toys, Funko is the No. 3 corporate manufacturer in EU5 YTD, with sales up +17%, outperforming a softening market. Funko is outperforming the total toy market in every EU5 country. Funko sales are up +13% in France whilst the Total Toys market is down -4%, and +17% in Spain. In Germany, Funko sales have almost doubled (+97%).

The data also shows that Funko sales in Action Figures are up +16% YOY whilst the overall category is down -5% YTD. Funko remains the No. 1 corporate manufacturer in Action Figures while Funko Pop!, the iconic collectible from Funko, is the No. 1 property the same category.

Further highlighting its dynamic catalogue of products, Funko’s newest line, Bitty Pop!, soared to No. 5 ranking (EU5) in Action Figures Collectibles top brands in the last three months. Regionally, Bitty Pop! become the No. 3 brand in Action Figures Collectibles in the UK, Germany, and France. Bitty Pop! was launched in EMEA in July.

Andy Oddie, chief commercial officer, said: “The latest figures from Circana show fans of Funko are engaging with our iconic products like never before. It’s a testament to our hardworking team and our commitment to delivering new and unique products to our fans across Europe. We’re excited about the possibilities that await our business in Q4 and beyond.”

*Source: Circana POS EU5 retail tracker, Value sales, YTD August 2023 vs. 2022.


The Toymaster 2024 May show is officially sold out

Heathside Trading announces distribution of Strawberry Shortcake

Exclusive: Libertas Brands’ plans for Fuggler

Peppa Pig celebrates 20th anniversary with Peppa’s Cinema Party

Boti secures victory in copyright infringement case

Friday Blog

Forget about the price tag … it’s the Friday Blog!

Zuru unveils new Mini Brands collection in time for Christmas

Mojo Fun partners with Quercetti in exclusive distribution deal

Plus-Plus partners with Tumble Tots

Exclusive: Deddy Bears on the fright track