University Games is a privately owned games manufacturer headquartered in San Francisco.
Paul Lamond Games became part of the University Game brand family in 2018, and in 2020 The Lagoon Group was added to the portfolio, turning University Games UK into one of the largest game, puzzle and gift companies in the UK.
Our hugely renowned product portfolio includes Subbuteo, Plasticine, Harry Potter and David Walliams.
The Role – Area Manager
This role is integral to the company’s growth plans. The suitable candidate will need to demonstrate an ability to find new business and growth within independent and educational accounts in South London, Surrey West Sussex, East Sussex, Kent, Suffolk and Essex.
The role is home-based with occasional visits to our new offices in Royston, Hertfordshire.
Reporting to the Sales Director, the key criteria for the role are as follows:
Key Job Functions
- To maintain and grow our independent base across the Midland’s area and to maximise the sales opportunities within those accounts.
- To identify and open new accounts across the Midland area.
- To ensure that you maintain an excellent knowledge of our product ranges, your customers, your competitors and any activity that is happening within the industry.
- You will have an excellent track record in sales and driving high sales value opportunities
- Experience within the toy, puzzle, board game and gift market would be preferable, but not essential
- You will have strong skills in numeracy and communication (both written and verbal)
- It is essential you are located within the territory
- Finally, when working in such a fun and enjoyable industry, enthusiasm and a sense of humour are a must
An attractive salary based on experience is on offer, plus a bonus scheme and company car.
To apply please email a CV to our Sales Director, Mark Jones – firstname.lastname@example.org.