Simba Smoby Toys UK is a UK subsidiary of the Simba Dickie Group, one of Europe’s biggest toy suppliers, with annual revenues of 700m euros. The Simba Dickie Group is a global organisation with offices in almost 40 countries and in 2020 the group acquired Jada toys, to add the US – the world’s biggest toy market – to its operation.
The group develops own-IP toy products including Steffi Love, Dickie vehicles and Majorette die-cast. The Simba Dickie Group also partners with all the major licensors including Disney, Warner Bros, NBC Universal, Nickelodeon and many more. The group has licences in place for Disney plush including Princess, Winnie the Pooh, Pixar and Frozen, Marvel, Toy Story, Fast & Furious and Batman.
This is an exciting time to be joining Simba Smoby Toys UK: the company is rapidly expanding and is recruiting for an exceptional Brand Manager to help the UK Marketing Manager deliver on the ambitious goals.
The Brand Manager will be responsible for the annual management of our toy lines and will support the UK Marketing Manager in building the product range for UK distribution including pricing models, brand presentations and own the product management of the brand portfolio.
In addition to working with the UK Marketing Manager to determine the pricing strategy, when building and selecting the product range the candidate must be able to think strategically and have an understanding of the competitive landscape. A great understanding of marketing trends, including digital and above the line marketing, is required. The role will require marketing campaign planning and steering, working with third party media and PR agencies.
The role also requires collaborating with the Sales & Marketing Administrator to ensure the product library is up to date and working with the Administrator to source and approve product copy. The Brand Manager must have exceptional numerical and excel skills as well as project management, and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, along with the confidence to present reports and presentations and communicate effectively. The business is going through a period of expansion and growth and the Brand Manager must be adaptable and able to work under pressure and prioritise tasks.
Finally, the candidate must also be a nice fit for the Simba Smoby Toys UK team. This is a really exciting role and an opportunity for a Brand Manager to join the business and make the role their own with an opportunity to progress and grow.
- Manage the annual product pricing model to determine profitability of all product lines, working to ensure margins and profitability targets are being measured and achieved
- Build and be responsible for product strategy and selection, and assist with pricing for brands
- Ensure sales agents and online retail teams have all product information and assets to drive sales
- Conduct regular store visits to monitor trends and ensure ranges are best supported at retail
- Analyse toy market and performance of ranges using NPD and EPOS sales data reports
- Analyse UK and European market for key trends, identifying new opportunities for products
- Work with Sales & Marketing administrator to:
- Update trade price lists, ensuring all pricing and information is up to date
- Develop brand preview marketing presentations and attend customer preview meetings
- Provide brand marketing input and support to the sales team during customer meetings
- Source and approve product marketing copy
- Help collect product assets for online pages for optimal eCommerce presence
- Help organise and collect sales and marketing presentation samples for meetings
- Work with the UK Marketing Manager in planning and executing exhibition stands and trade catalogues
- Develop marketing plans, brief third party agencies on plans and steer campaigns, adapting where required
- Measure effectiveness of marketing campaigns and monitor ROI
- Support UK Marketing Manager in the preparation of brand specific numbers for HQ reporting
- Support UK Marketing Manager with stakeholder management of licensors including marketing plans and licensing contract numbers
- 3-5 years of brand management experience
- Previous experience within the toy industry a massive plus
- Excellent written, verbal and client-facing presentation skills
- Excellent project management skills and ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to execute results against strategy and meet critical deadlines
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite – Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent Excel skills
- Ability and willingness to travel within the UK, Europe and overseas when necessary
Competitive depending on experience.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to Mayur Pattni, UK Marketing Manager at email@example.com We will only be responding to those candidates we have an interest in interviewing. Simba Smoby Toys UK thanks all others in advance. All responses will be kept strictly confidential.