About ICTI Ethical Toy Program
ICTI Ethical Toy Program is recognised as the most trusted and accepted labour standards programme for the global toy & entertainment industry. Simply put, we are the best choice for responsible companies who are serious about protecting their reputation and their supply chain, and meeting their responsibilities regarding the treatment of workers producing their products.
We are the only specialist labour standards programme, designed by the toy industry for the toy industry. We are built on strong foundations which will enable future growth. To support the achievement of our growth goals we are now establishing a Business Development function. This role will report to the CEO.
What we are looking for:
As the first hire into this new function, we need someone who can:
- Develop strong relationships with end users of the programme, principally retailers based in the USA
- Identify opportunities for income generation through service provision, including converting programme users to programme members
- Increase market awareness of the Ethical Toy Program’s value and benefits
- Increase retailers and companies’ use of Ethical Toy Program’s services through developing specific account plans
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual targets
- Support non-USA business development activities and one junior team member based in the UK
- Create annual plans that support the organisations strategic goals and further development of the business development function
- Develop, and fully leverage, relationships with national toy associations, specifically the USA Toy Association
- Keep up to date with industry needs and growth drivers
- Identify business opportunities that meet the needs of programme users and are in line with the strategic objectives of the organisation
- Work with others in the global team to ensure the programme’s success and members satisfaction – key office locations are China, Hong Kong SAR, and the UK
- Candidates must have a proven track record of success in a business development role
- Candidates should share our commitment to ethical business practices and be excited about who we are, what we do and the industry we serve
- Candidates should be self-motivated, and able to work remotely as part of a small global team
- Candidates should ideally have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, for example: Business Administration
- The role will require both domestic (USA) and international travel but is largely a home-based/remote working role
- Candidates must be confident in using remote working tools including Zoom, Go to Meeting etc.
What we offer
- A competitive salary with performance related discretionary bonus scheme
- A company committed to embracing diversity and enabling talent
- This is a full-time role, but we are open to flexible working also. This could include part-time working for the right candidate or a return-to-work programme building to a full-time roll
- As the business grows there may be the opportunity to increase Business Development team headcount
A bit more about us
The ICTI Ethical Toy Program is a specialist labour standards programme implemented by ICTI CARE Foundation Inc., a not-for-profit organisation with offices in China, Hong Kong SAR, USA, UK, and Vietnam.
Created in 2004 by the global toy industry, we operate a labour standards certification programme, working with more than 1,000 factories and their global customers which include retailers Target, Walmart and toy companies Mattel, Spin Master, Lego and Crayola to name just a few.
This is a new position in a small organisation which is spread across the world. There are currently no direct reports into this position. However, there is a strong culture of remote collaboration, team working and mutual support across the organisation.
Visit our website to learn more about what we do at www.ethicaltoyprogram.org.
What to do next
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your resume along with a brief note, sharing why you think this is the right role for you to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Friday 6th August 2021.