Already one of the largest toy suppliers in the UK & Ireland, Zuru is a fast-paced and dynamic business with ambitious growth plans.
Based in Leeds, North Yorkshire, our brand-new office and showroom serves as our UK and European hub, with further expansion plans in place to support our growing team. In this role, the successful candidate would work closely with our General Manager in all stages of the sales cycle by taking ownership of strategic key accounts across the UK & Ireland, and by contributing to the overall vision and success of the business.
Our ideal candidate will have evidence of strong interpersonal skills, possess excellent negotiation abilities, and have a good understanding of the retail landscape, including experience in dealing with multi-channel retailers.
Roles and responsibilities
- Maintain and grow Zuru’s sales account base in line with the company business strategy
- Establish strong relationships with all customers and key stakeholders
- Collaborate proactively and effectively with internal commercial teams to keep up to date on NPD schedule, marketing objectives and core strategies
- Conduct regular customer review meetings, identifying opportunities to develop the accounts and facilitate growth
- Attend & participate in trade fairs (as required)
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of three years’ exposure to a sales environment (ideally gained within the toy industry)
- Be able to demonstrate success managing a business portfolio and account base
- Have an understanding of the annual selling cycle and the skillset to proactively manage business effectively
- Illustrate competence from a reporting and administrative standpoint
- Have the ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines on time
- Possess excellent IT skills, in particular with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Be a self-motivated, organised team player
The perks of this role
- Private health insurance for employees and their family 100% covered by company
- Working with global teammates based in Asia, Australia, NZ and EU
- Flexi work hours
- International business trips
More about Zuru
Zuru is a disruptive and award-winning company that designs, manufactures and markets innovative toys and consumer products. Inspired by kids and imaginative play, Zuru is one of the fastest growing toy companies in the world. A family run business originating from New Zealand, Zuru has delighted millions of children all over the world with brands such as Bunch O Balloons, X-Shot, Rainbocorns and 5 Surprise (to name a few).
With over 5,000 team members in over 30 global locations, Zuru is perfectly placed to continue building its reputation as one of most successful and exciting companies in the world.
At Zuru, work is fun and we are constantly on the lookout for vibrant, intelligent individuals with a passion for doing things better and disrupting the world around them. Could that next person be you?
Candidates should send a CV and cover letter to Devasmita Dash, HR Manager – Zuru Group: firstname.lastname@example.org.