Founded in 1995, Jakks Pacific, Inc. is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of toys and consumer products sold throughout the world, with its headquarters in Santa Monica, California.
The company produces action figures, electronics, dolls, dress-up, role play, kids’ furniture, vehicles, plush, seasonal products, infant/pre-school, and construction toys sold under various proprietary brands. Jakks Pacific is a licensee of many trademarks including Disney, Nickelodeon, Warner Brothers and Nintendo.
In 2008, Jakks Pacific acquired Disguise, marrying synergies with Jakks’ existing strength in entertainment licensing, as well as the role-play and dress-up business. Disguise is a global leader in the Dress Up industry, creating innovative and trend setting costumes and accessories. The team comprises a group of creative in-house designers, sculptors and graphics artists from various creative backgrounds including Hollywood movie sculpt design, the fashion industry and gallery-showcased fine arts.
Headquartered in San Diego, Disguise produces costumes and accessories under many of the world’s leading licensed brands, such as Disney, Hasbro, The Lego Group, Warner Bros., Halo, Minecraft, DreamWorks, 20th Century Fox, Nintendo, Pokémon, and Sesame Workshop, as well as its own proprietary brands.
The Jakks Pacific & Disguise European division is based in Bracknell, United Kingdom. The workplace is dynamic, supportive and entrepreneurial; we pride ourselves on being collaborative, open minded and creative.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on our Disguise business across EMEA.
You will work within a busy marketing team, liaising with our US and international colleagues, with responsibility for developing and managing creative and commercial marketing initiatives across Europe.
This full time role will work closely and cross functionally with our Sales, Licensing, Design, Operations and Finance teams to drive brand awareness and revenue.
Relationships are key to the success of this position, which requires collaborative working, both internally and externally, with our retail customers and licensing partners.
This role is an integral part of the International Marketing team.
- Manage key brands across the Disguise portfolio
- Key contact for licensor relationship – Drive business planning meetings, range planning and forecasting submissions, and track deliverables and follow up
- Work closely with US brand and marketing teams to provide regional insight and feedback for product development and marketing strategy
- Lead product development and line plan ideation
- Manage Price list ensuring products are on cost and adapting as needed
- Drive localisation and execution of global marketing plans for the EMEA region
- Manage EMEA media planning, digital activations
- Manage and report on regional marketing budget and activations
- Liaise with our US Marketing teams to disseminate updates on product lines including decks, line plans and marketing plans
- Drive execution of communications plans, press events, showroom and exhibition set up
- Strategise, plan and implement trade marketing campaigns to deliver optimum POS uplift. Analyses ROI for future campaign planning
- Manage key brand launches including in store displays, visual merchandising and promotions
- Partner with EMEA country leads to build forecasts
- Lead retailer and internal sales/distributor presentations with brand updates, product presentation, recommendations on character rankings etc.
- Monitor Disguise forecasts, liaison with inventory planning on allocations
- Maintain regular communication with licensors, country managers & sales teams
- Provide marketing support to other direct and distributor markets in the EMEA region as needed
- Some European and International travel may be required
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum equivalent work experience
- Minimum three years in a marketing role in consumer goods; experience in Apparel, Dress Up or Fashion would be advantageous but not essential
- Professional and confident face-to-face presenter
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluency in other languages would be a plus
- Strong collaborative skill set and networking capabilities as well as a proven track record for internal and external relationship cultivation
- Understanding of various forms of media, their use and trends and insight to the changing media landscape as it relates to consumer consumption; digital activation experience would be an advantage
- Experience in trade marketing planning with ability to drive and increase ROI in marketing activity
- Creative, results driven – working knowledge of trends, style and industry
- Competent in Excel and Powerpoint/Keynote
- Analytical and curious – ability to interpret data effectively
- Flexibility in working hours – there are some early morning or late evening meetings & presentations. We are a global team!
- Strong work ethic, integrity and ambition to develop
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, please apply with an up-to-date CV and covering letter stating why you feel you are suitable for the role to: Ewitt@Jakks.net