Our client is a privately owned toy manufacturer developing its own brands of collectible toy ranges. The main markets are Western and Central Europe and the products are distributed in many other countries worldwide. The company has expanded rapidly and a Project Director is to be recruited.
The Project Director will be responsible for the development of a new brand, which will consist of characters in their world with stories based around the characters. The role will have creative, marketing, engineering and management responsibilities. The Project Director will report to the Creative Director. A team of concept developers, graphic artists, modellers, animators and engineers will report to the Project Director.
- Creating the characters of the brand, communicating this vision to the teams involved, planning and taking the necessary steps to make this vision a reality.
- Leading all the multidisciplinary teams involved in the project: concept ideation, toy developers, visual artists, modellers, graphic designers, animators and engineers.
Applicants must have:
- Experience in design of action figures and play sets, or vehicles and tracksets
- Ideally experience in the development of brands, not just products
- A proactive attitude
- Excellent communication skills verbally and in writing and drawing
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience leading teams of multidisciplinary designers
- Be self-motivated, committed and passionate about the work
- Completely fluent in spoken and written English.
The various teams of the company can work in English, but Spanish or any additional European languages would be an advantage.
The role will be office based in Barcelona where the company has its headquarters office.
Salary and Benefits
The package will comprise a competitive fixed salary and a bonus.
To learn more about this exciting position contact Andrew Dobbie at the Executive Search Division of Gameplan Europe Ltd email@example.com or +44 1442 870100.