The official competitive circuit, Disney Lorcana Challenge, rolls out from spring 2024 in North America and Europe while the new introductory product, Disney Lorcana TCG Gateway, launches in August.
Ravensburger has unveiled a selection of the 2024 Disney Lorcana Trading Card Game line-up, including new products, competitive events and organised play activations. In addition, the company is also sharing the official on-sale dates for the four new sets slated to debut throughout the year.
“Disney Lorcana TCG has struck a chord with players, collectors and fans around the world and we’re so grateful for the support,” said Filip Francke, global head of Games at Ravensburger. “It has proven to be a fantastic entry point for first-time TCG players, and we will continue to do everything in our power to make the product available at MSRP pricing. As we move into 2024, we will continue to support our growing and diverse community through new discoveries for collectors, organised play and competitive events for players and new products that help beginning fans take their first steps into trading card games. We’re only just getting started, but consumer feedback and industry data supports our belief that this game will be around for a very long time.”
This year, the Disney Lorcana TCG will introduce a new stand-alone product called Disney Lorcana TCG Gateway, a progressive learn-to-play experience designed to ease new players into the game and TCG space. This ultimate beginner’s introduction to the Disney Lorcana TCG includes everything two players aged eight and over need to play right out of the box: two 30-card basic Disney Lorcana TCG decks, a two-player game board with character standees, rules and player’s guides, and additional cards that players will be rewarded with to add to their decks as they learn about the card types and gameplay. When players have played through Gateway, they will have built two standard Disney Lorcana TCG decks they can take and play with friends. Gateway will be released on 9th August 2024 and will retail for £22.99.
For established players, 2024 brings exciting news regarding competitive and organised play events. First, Ravensburger will launch an official competitive circuit in North America and Europe starting in May 2024. Titled Disney Lorcana Challenge, the events will begin at a regional level, where players can compete to qualify for North American and European Championships respectively. The top players will earn invites to the Disney Lorcana World Championship slated for early 2025. The top four players from each regional Challenge event will qualify for the North American or European Championship in their respective region.
Additional details are as follows:
- North American Championship and European Championship events are being planned for the Q4 2024 season. Players can earn a qualification by participating in regional-level Challenge Events, and there will be an additional opportunity to qualify at the event.
- World Championship 2025 will be an invite-only competition taking place at a larger open event.
- More details regarding the Disney Lorcana TCG full event schedule, registration, rules, prize cards and other prizing details will be shared on the Disney Lorcana TCG official site this March.
At the local level, Ravensburger will also debut a new type of in-store organised play event – Set Championships – starting in April 2024, following the release of the Into the Inklands set. Select Disney Lorcana TCG Organized Play–approved locations may host an Into the Inklands Championship, which includes a unique Enchanted Stitch – Rock Star Promo card (pictured) that is only available as a prize at the Into the Inklands Championships. The top two players at the event can also win a playmat featuring the new Stitch – Rock Star artwork. Details for how retailers can host an Into the Inklands Championship will be announced in late February 2024.
Finally, following Ravensburger’s previously announced plans to release four sets per year, Disney Lorcana TCG fans can mark their calendars with the following official on-sale dates:
- Into the Inklands – 23rd February 2024 at local game stores; 8th March 2024 at mass retail and shopDisney.
- Name To Be Announced (May 2024) – 17th May 2024 at local game stores; 31st May 2024 at mass retail and shopDisney.
- Name To Be Announced (August 2024) – 9th August 2024 at local game stores; 23rd August 2024 at mass retail and shopDisney.
- Name To Be Announced (November 2024) – 15th November 2024 at local game stores; 29th November 2024 at mass retail and shopDisney.