Opening this summer, the The Lego Store Dublin will debut a new Retailtainment concept that blends physical and digital immersive play experiences.
The Lego Group is opening its first ever store in Ireland this summer, in Grafton Street, Dublin, Located in the heart of the city, the Lego store will delight fans, both young and old, with an exciting collection of sets and experiences.
“We have been looking for the perfect site in Dublin, so we were very excited when the opportunity came about to open on the vibrant Grafton Street,” commented Simone Sweeney, vice president of Global Lego Retail Development. “The new Lego Store will be amongst some of the biggest and best brands in Dublin, in a shopping district loved by many local families and visitors alike.”
Visitors to the new store will be treated to the new Retailtainment concept which blends physical and digital experiences that allow shoppers to immerse themselves in the famous Lego brick, as well as create personalised products.
- Minifigure Factory: The Lego Minifigure Factory allows visitors to design and create a unique Lego Minifigure – the perfect souvenir or gift.
- Lego Expression, where visitors can have fun with Lego Minifigures which mimic their facial expressions.
- Lego Pick a Brick Wall, where fans can select the exact elements that they require for their builds.
- Store Associates: there to help visitors, Brick Specialists can help find a set that’s the perfect fit.
- Hands-on Play opportunities, including free build challenges and events each month.
- Build a Minifigure Tower: to mix and match from a wide selection of bottoms, tops, heads, hair pieces and accessories to customize minifigures.
- Exclusive Lego models: eye-catching 3D Lego models throughout the store will be inspired by the city of Dublin and Irish culture
Simone added: “Dublin has been part of Lego Retail’s expansion strategy for many years given the existing huge number of Lego Fans in Ireland and the international customers typically found in the city. The new Lego Store in Dublin will allow builders of all ages to be inspired by endless play possibilities and welcome new builders into an exciting journey of discovery in the Lego universe. We are also excited to be revealing the new Lego retail platform in this market with innovative retail-first experiences and a destination for product launches, events and a hub for our Irish Lego fan community.”
The brand-new Dublin store will offer the full range of new products only available direct from Lego stores and shop.lego.com including the likes of Lego Boutique Hotel and Lego Ideas Earth Globe, as well as benefits for Lego VIP members including exclusive VIP gifts with purchase, double points events and much more.