The award recognises excellence among junior licensing industry professionals in the United Kingdom.
The International Licensing Industry Merchandisers’ Association (LIMA) announced the final six nominees for the 2018 UK Rising Stars Award during the LIMA UK Young professionals Summer Party at Nickelodeon London. The winner will be announced during the 2018 Licensing Awards, taking place in London on 11th September.
The 2018 finalists are:
· Stephanie Griggs, licensing & design director, The Roald Dahl Story Company
· Jens Drinkwater, licensing manager, Global Merchandising Services
· Emily Campan, associate publisher, Egmont
· Alex Salisbury, retail licensing manager, Nickelodeon Viacom Consumer Products
· Katie Sharp, brand development manager, Beanstalk
· Tasmyn Knight, licensing associate, Cartoon Network
Ryan Beaird, LIMA UK marketing and operations manager, commented: “LIMA received a record number of submissions this year – a major increase over 2017 – and the judges found it very difficult to make a decision on the final six. LIMA is delighted the UK licensing industry is supporting the future of the business and nominating its extremely talented young licensing staff for this great annual award. We wish to thank Nickelodeon for hosting us and also our 2018 YPN events sponsor, Octane5.”
Marianne James, Viacom – vice president, Commercial Partnerships, Consumer Products & Experiences, UK & Ireland, added: “We’re thrilled to be hosting LIMA’s Rising Star Nominee event, supporting up and coming talent in the industry is so important and we wish the nominees the best of luck.”