Applications don’t close until 28th May, so there’s still time to sign up.
With 84 delegates from 21 retailers (including eight first timers) confirmed to take part, 2021 is already a record-breaking year for Brand Licensing Europe’s Retail Mentoring Programme, despite applications not closing until Friday 28th May.
Thanks to the organisers offering a fully virtual as well as hybrid option this year, making it possible for European retailers to participate, GameStop and Bershka are among the new retailers who have signed up to take part in the free-to-attend, CPD-accredited course. New retailers confirmed for 2021 also include Maqio, Merlin Entertainments, RSPCA, The Hut Group, Vanilla Underground and ZSL.
Retailers from Marks & Spencer, John Lewis, Selfridges, Halfords, Asda George, Ann Summers, River Island, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Toymaster, The Entertainer and Morrisons are among hundreds of alumni.
Arleene Rodríguez, licences department coordinator and buyer at El Corte Inglés, took part in a trial run with European retailers in 2020. She said: “I would most definitely recommend the Retail Mentoring Programme to other retailers because it’s a great experience. Not only do you get to learn very insightful and helpful things to better understand the industry and how it works, but if you already have some knowledge, you’ll get to review many concepts, see things in a different or new perspective, and of course get to meet a lot of people from the industry that also love the licensing world and can help you see the potential in your business.”
Retail Mentoring Programme delegate benefits include:
- May: One-hour introductory meeting (virtual)
- 17th – 18 June, over two half-days: Licensing Essentials Course delivered by Licensing International (virtual)
- June: The option to virtually drop into Max Publishing’s Licensing Awards judging day and cast a vote
- August-October: Spend around 2.5 hours on a personalised brand owner experience day (live and/or virtual)
- 5 November: Half-day Licensing for Retail seminar (live/virtual)
- 17th-19th November: VIP admission to Brand Licensing Europe, where retailers can spend up to three days at Europe’s leading licensing event (live/virtual)
Anna Knight, VP of Licensing, Informa Markets, added “It is amazing that we’ve broken records and that over 80 retailers will be joining us on the Retail Mentoring Programme for 2021. It’s no secret that non-essential retail has struggled throughout the pandemic, and the number of entries we have received is reflective of the difference brand licensing can make at retail and the growing trend among consumers to purchase branded product. Applications for this year’s programme will remain open until Friday 28th May; 2021 is going to be a pivotal year for retail, so I strongly recommend you don’t miss out.”
Retailers can apply for a free delegate place on the programme here.