The retailer says lockdowns have led to renewed interest in gaming and classic brands such as Pictionary and Lego.
Tesco has announced its pick of toys it believes will be topping Christmas lists this year, with everything from evergreen brands and innovative tech toys making an appearance.
Tesco’s Top 10 Toys for Christmas are as follows:
- Kindi Kids Shiver & Shake Rainbow Kate (Moose Toys) – This interactive doll features over 40 sounds and phrases, allowing kids to engage in fun role-play as they make their doll feel better.
- Lego Super Mario Starter Course (Lego) – The set features a Lego Mario figure that gives instant expressive responses via the LCD screens and speaker. Players earn virtual coins moving Mario from the Start Pipe to the Goal Pole via iconic obstacles from the game.
- Present Pets (Spin Master) – With one of two possible Fancy Pups available in every box, kids won’t know which puppy they’re getting until it unboxes itself. There are four different puppies available.
- L.O.L. Surprise! Clubhouse Playset (MGA Entertainment) – The two stylish shipping containers transform into a fully furnished 3-storey Clubhouse with 7+ hangout areas.
- Rainbocorns Sweet Shake Surprise (Zuru) – Offering 15 layers of sweet surprises to unbox, including new jelly hearts, Boo-Boo sprinkle corns and DIY Sweet Shake Slime mix, this product taps into the ongoing unboxing trend.
- Paw Patrol Dino Patroller (Spin Master) – Featuring room for all six pups, oversized wheels, a projectile launcher and an exclusive Chase and T-Rex dinosaur action figure, the Dino Patroller is ready to roll into action.
- Fisher-Price Rollin’ Rovee (Mattel) – The Fisher-Price Rollin’ Rovee activity toy is an interactive friend that keeps playtime exciting as babies grow from infant to toddler to pre-schooler.
- Monster Jam Grave Digger (Spin Master) – True-to-life, just like the iconic vehicle, this monster truck features oversized wheels and working suspension for action-packed Monster Jam play.
- Laser Battle Hunters (Character Options) – An all-new way for kids to enjoy RC Battles, whether on their own, duelling with another person, or in a Laser Battle Hunters War with up to eight other players.
- Pictionary Air (Mattel) – A hilarious twist on the classic Pictionary drawing game, players sketch their clue in the air with the Pictionary Air pen.
Tesco’s Anne Borrett said: “Vehicles are seeing huge growth, and there’s been a resurgence in toys that entertain for longer, too.”