The company was the major winner at this year’s awards, taking home the top spot in an impressive six categories.
The results of the Australian Toy Association’s Product of the Year Awards have been announced. The ATA says the calibre of entries was once again extremely high this year and that this is reflected in the list of winners, which includes Lego, VTech and Mattel.
However, Australian company Moose Toys is undoubtedly the resounding overall winner this year, with honours in no less than six categories.
Paul Solomon, CEO at Moose Toys, took to LinkedIn to say: “As an Aussie company the Australian Toy Awards are very close to our heart. Last night our incredible team were awarded six wins including the coveted Toy of the Year for the global smash hit Magic Mixies. Other awards included the Australian Development Toy of the Year for Treasure X, Action Toy of the Year for Treasure, Craft & Activity Toy of the Year for Blingle Bands, Electronic Toy of the Year for Magic Mixies and Plush Toy of the Year: Scruff-a-Luvs Cutie Cuts. Congratulations to everyone involved, it is wonderful to see our continued commitment to innovation and doing things differently awarded in this way. These awards are due to the talent, passion and hard work that all Moose employees have put into getting us here. I feel so proud to be part of this amazing team.”
In a separate post on the company’s official LinkedIn page, Moose also said: “Also a huge shout out to our partners at BBC Studios for their win – Bluey taking home Licensed Toy of the Year for the second year running.”
The 2022 ATA Product of the Year Awards winners are as follows:
- Overall Product of the Year – Magic Mixies – Moose Toys
- Action Product of the Year – Treasure X Dino Dissection – Moose Toys
- Australian Development Products of the Year – Treasure X Monsters Gold Mega Monster Lab – Moose Toys
- Collectible Product of the Year – Micro Toy Box Miniature Collectibles – Big Balloon
- Construction Product of the Year – Johnco George the 6-in-1 Gyroscope Kit – Johnco Productions
- Craft & Activity Product of the Year – Blinglebands Studio – Moose Toys
- Doll of the Year – Barbie Day to Night Dreamhouse – Mattel
- Educational / STEAM Product of the Year – 106 Piece Pastel Ball Run Pack – Connetix Tiles
- Electronic Product of the Year – Magic Mixies – Moose Toys
- Game of the Year – Catapult Feud – Meeple Distributors
- Hobby Product of the Year – Lego Flower Bouquet – The Lego Group
- Infant/Pre-School Product of the Year – Learn & Draw Activity Desk – VTech Electronics
- Outdoor Product of the Year – Hape First Ride Balance Bike – U.Games Australia
- Plush Product of the Year – Little Live Pets Scruff a luvs Cutie Cuts – Moose Toys